Our lawyers & advocates provide advice, advocacy, education & limited representation concerning the following areas of law. Please note that representation is limited by resources & prioritisation and we only represent consumers in civil matters.
- Children’s Issues
- Limited Advice about property in marriage/defacto relationships
- Family violence and restraining orders
- Consumer disputes
- Criminal injuries compensation
- Motor vehicle accidents (property damage)
- Public and private tenants only
- The Older Peoples Rights Service is our specialist legal service that offers legal assistance & social work to those experiencing Elder Abuse or at risk of Elder Abuse.
- We provide educational workshops to community groups and organisations. The topics for these educational sessions are preventative education measures. We specialise in working with people from non English speaking backgrounds.
- Our community advocate provides advocacy and general assistance to members of the non English speaking community. These clients typically include newly arrived migrants and refugees.
Appointments with our lawyers & advocates are made by booking scheduled appointments. These bookings can be made by telephone or in person. This process includes our service conducting mandatory “conflict of interest” checks as under the law we cannot assist someone if a legal conflict of interest exists. For example if we have previously assisted the other party to your specific legal dispute we are precluded from assisting you. For more information about conflict of interest please
Please ensure you book your appointment at whichever of our two offices is most accessible to you. Both our Mirrabooka and Joondalup offices have disability access. We also have access to telephone and onsite interpreters however, our onsite interpreters must be pre-booked. Please also remember to bring all your relevant documents pertaining to your issue when attending appointments.
Providing free educational workshops to community groups and community organisations.
Our community advocate specialises in providing advocacy and general assistance to members of the non English speaking community.
Annual Report October 2012
Driving in Western Australia Booklet: 2011
How community legal centres help our community?
See our factsheets and publications on various legal topics and issues.